Assists the Project Manager on individual or multiple projects by providing direction and coordination of construction activities on assigned jobs to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate leads and employees. May be required to assist jobsite personnel with pre-installation jobsite demolition and/or the installation of Bellingham Marine's dock systems as needed. From time to time, may also be required to fulfill other responsibilities and requirements as assigned. The successful applicant will be required to pass a background check and possess a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Has the ability to read and analyze schedules in MS Project or the ability to be fully functional in a short period of time. Can plan, organize and schedule work with the absence of direct outside information to develop preliminary schedules and work plans.
• Studies drawings and specifications to plan procedures for construction on the basis of starting and completion times and on the basis of staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
• Coordinates members of organization, including supervisory and field crews, throughout the project.
• Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
• Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, interpreting contract requirements and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
• Confers with Project Managers, supervisory and engineering personnel, inspectors and suppliers of equipment, tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
• Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and adheres to construction schedules.
• Administers and/or prepares and reviews reports on progress, materials used, and costs. Adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
• Is accountable for final construction that meets or exceeds project plans, specs, codes, submittals and expected quality.
• Reviews and approves invoices for projects' construction operations. Coordinates with customers, engineers and inspectors for the generation and approval of applications for payment.
• Administers project documentation which records contract compliance; documents changes to the work; prepares, negotiates and administers changes to the contract; notifies parties to the contract of changes (via change orders); notifies parties to the contract of disputes; secures authorization for additional work; and resolves other project-related issues.
• Administers Company safety program relating to all project site activities and ensures effective loss control procedures are implemented.
• Other duties as assigned.
BMI offers a competitive wage and benefits package; wage is dependent upon experience.
To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bellingham Marine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex or age.
Bellingham Marine is a Drug Free Work Place.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers