A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Engineering or a related discipline with 5-7 years of Quality Engineering experience in an electronic assembly environment is highly preferred. Direct experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer or Manufacturing Quality Engineer is highly desired.
Representative Duties and Tasks:
The Quality Engineer position encompass aspects of Supplier Quality, Product Quality and Quality Management Systems. The Quality Engineer will serve as the primary supplier interface all quality issues and initiatives in order to provide timely feedback to suppliers to drive continual improvement in supply chain and outgoing product quality.
- Supplier Quality:
o Works closely with IDSI Supply Chain functions to maintain control of all procured processes, products, and services
o Collects and analyzes data relating to Incoming Quality and On Time Delivery
o Works with Supply Chain functions to maintain Approved Supplier List
o Conducts Supplier Quality, Supplier Product, and Supplier Process audits
o Conducts Source Inspection as necessary
o Services as primary supplier interface for all quality issues and initiatives
o Reviews IDSI product documentation and purchasing information for accuracy to ensure adequate control of externally provided processes, products, and services
- Product Quality
o Works closely with IDSI Manufacturing organization to maintain control of all manufactured products
o Prepares Inspection Instructions for manufacturing operations
o Collects and analyzes data relating to internal process yield, product defects, cost of quality, etc.
- Quality Management Systems
o As necessary, assists with maintenance of internal Quality Management Systems
o Conducts internal QMS Audits as necessary
o Conducts internal Manufacturing Process Audits as necessary
- Travel is required
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with electronic components, assemblies and manufacturing techniques is required
- Familiarity with Special Processes including Plating, Painting and Solder assembly is desirable
- Familiarity with metal fabrication techniques is desirable
- Must have training and/or experience in Statistical Techniques
- Familiarity with IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610, IPC-WHMA-A-620 and J-STD-001 is highly desired
- Familiarity with FMEA and Root Cause Analysis
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification is a plus
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills - written & verbal
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers