Bureau of Facilities
$17.76 hourly salary (Grade C09)
40 hour position with full benefit package
Apply By: Friday, February 16, 2018 @ 5:00 p.m.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES Services and maintains electrical equipment and systems in accordance with applicable Federal, State and local laws. Works independently to design, estimate and purchase materials for the successful completion of projects. Coordinates and trains other personnel.
ESSENTIAL TASKS include the following; other duties may be assigned
1. Perform visual and operational inspections on mechanical systems
2. Perform tests, troubleshoot, adjust, replace, and preventative maintenance service on electrical systems and equipment
3. Perform mechanical installations
4. Operate diagnostic computer equipment
5. Maintain clean, orderly, and safe work environment
6. Complete paperwork and assists in writing specifications
7. Report to work outside of normal working hours for emergency operations
8. Perform related duties as to specific assignments
9. Any employee may be identified as Essential Personnel during emergency situations
10. Provide service to customers by answering questions, providing information, making referrals, and assuring appropriate follow-through and/or resolution
11. Communicate with managers, supervisors, co-workers, citizen, and others, maintains confidentiality; and represents the County
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
2. Seven years experience at a journeyman level *
* A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
1. Class B Commercial Driver's License
2. DOT (Department of Transportation) Physical Card
3. Limited, Master or Statewide Electrician license
4. Requires a Federal and State criminal history record check prior to employment
A Carroll County Government job application is required for this position. Apply on-line: ccgovernment.carr.org
Call the Carroll County Job Hotline at (410) 386-2020 to request an employment application or call
(410) 386-2129 for employment inquiries
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities