We are seeking a loyal employee with high standards to fill a Forklift Operator position in our well-established and growing company. The successful candidate will be responsible for multiple warehouse duties in a fast paced environment, including handling finished products, coordinating and loading outbound orders and completing shipping paperwork.
1. Ability to read and understand production orders, specification sheets, and truck schedule to prepare pack slips and load trucks.
2. Based on daily needs of the department will communicate with supervisor, lead, and other department employees to fill in when and where needed.
3. Operate forklift, stretch wrap banders and other necessary equipment.
4. Identify errors and packaging defects and correct accordingly.
5. Ability to lift 50 lbs, bend and twist throughout the work day.
6. Must be willing to accept and receive supervision and assistance with regard to shipping functions and other essential tasks as assigned.
7. Comply with safety regulations/procedures and maintain clean and orderly work area.
Attention to detail
Ability to work independently and as a team.
Required Education and Experience:
High school education/GED.
One to three years’ forklift and warehouse experience.
Basic computer skills
Experience with UPS/FedEx is a plus. This is a 2nd shift position, 3pm to 1am Monday through Thursday, and 3pm to 8pm Friday, with possible overtime. Training would begin on 1st shift, Monday-Friday 7am-4pm. Starting rate of pay is $18.50 per hour
Employment is on a temp to hire basis through a local staffing agency. Once applicant has completed the required contract hours and met performance standards, permanent employment will begin. Hours worked under the temp arrangement are credited toward service time and benefits eligibility.
Please submit your resume for consideration.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers