compensation: Compensation is based on experience! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
York Container is a private, family-owned business serving the corrugated packaging needs of customers in the Mid-Atlantic region since 1954. As an Independent Corrugated Converter we specialize in traditional brown box packaging, as well as multi-color display and retail-ready packaging.
York Container is an Essential Employer! We have remained open and busy and have created a safe working environment for our Team.
We are currently hiring for 2nd and 3rd shift Machine Operators, Assistant Operators, and Machine Helpers
Our Ideal candidates:
• Must possess sense on urgency in fast paced environment, while working safely
• Pack products for shipment as specified for individual orders
• Practice good lock out/ tag out procedures
• Follow reporting processes for accurate completion of production paperwork
• Mount die boards, assist in the setup of machine, and keep machine running
• Read and understand production order copy for every production run, and will assist in ensuring quality (includes basic corrugated terminology)
• Understand machine mechanical functionality, and conduct in depth cleaning of press when scheduled
Employees are expected to work overtime and work 2 Saturdays a month if necessary
• High School Diploma/GED
• A minimum of 2 years’ corrugated experience or related field preferred
• Must be able to use tape measurer
Tape measurer, computers (for reporting purposes), cutting dies, machine related devices (both computerized and manual mechanical devices), box cutters, and substrate (corrugated stock)
Employees are expected to follow all facility safety guidelines that include adhering to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Food Safety as outlined during their training.
Some machine centers REQUIRE Hand and Arm Protection to increase safety and minimize the opportunity for contamination. Company issued gloves and sleeves will be issued if determined necessary.
Manufacturing environment; Not temperature controlled - hot in summer and cold in winter (will need to dress appropriately). No jewelry or baggy clothes due to safety. YCC is a hearing protected facility, and ear protection (PPE’s) is required at all times when in the plant.
York Container offers vacation, personal days, Holiday pay and More!
We have Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, and other benefits.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers