This Job has 2 locations 36 Highland Manor Dr, Stewartstown, PA and 20 Beaver St, Dillsburg, PA
Nature of Work:
The Property Manager reports directly to the Operations Director. The Property Manager holds the responsibility for overall management of assigned properties. As a member of the Leadership Team, the Property Manager must be dependable and have an understanding of the policies and procedures of York Area Housing Group.
• Speak, write, read and understand the English language well enough to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Reliable transportation and possession of valid driver’s license. May be required to commence the workday at different locations.
• Possess math skills for adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing sufficiently to perform the required tasks.
• Possess the dexterity to use a computer, telephone, and other office equipment.
• Must be able to hear with or without amplification devices.
• Demonstrate a self-motivated and goal-oriented attitude and possess the ability to comprehend the importance and confidential nature of all information.
• Able to lift 10 pounds
• Responsible for direct oversight and management of the property and associated staff. These responsibilities include being “on-call” 24 hours with the property cell phone, managing and delegating staff for maximum performance of their respective job functions.
• Supervises and schedules maintenance and on-site personnel. Works with administrative staff, staff members of other housing locations, outside vendors and service providers.
• Interviews, and trains site staff; performs annual evaluations of directly-supervised staff.
• Uses best efforts to achieve and maintain 100% occupancy of the building(s) through tenant selection and leasing procedures in accordance with the organization’s Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan and Equal Housing Opportunity laws and regulations.
• Accurately maintains relevant waiting lists and interviews new applicants for tenancy based on organizational and regulatory standards. Conducts required reference and background checks in accordance with program and organizational regulations.
• Properly sets up and maintains applicant and tenant records, ensuring confidentiality in handling and storage of all relevant documents (hard copy and/or electronic).
• Timely performs certifications (initial, annual, interim) as required.
• Accurately prepares and submits monthly, periodic, and/or annual transmissions to the associated regulator for the project assigned, to ensure timely receipt of subsidy payments and compliance with required reporting. Prepares other reporting as requested by the administrative management team of the organization.
• Distributes warning notices, lease violations, and prepares legal action for evictions as necessary.
• Responds to written tenant complaints in a timely fashion. Conducts informal meetings with tenants to attempt to resolve problems. Counsels residents, when necessary, and refers to appropriate service agencies for assistance.
• Assists Administrative Assistant with collection of rents and depositing of rental payments, ordering office supplies/equipment, and preparing article(s) for monthly newsletter.
• Frequently inspects the building(s) and grounds, records deficiencies, and takes action to improve the general appearance of the property and its deferred maintenance needs. Ensures the building(s) and grounds are in compliance with Federal, State and local code requirements.
• Performs move-in inspections with new residents and move-out inspections with former residents. Participates in inspections performed by regulators and/or local municipalities.
• Provides building tours for potential tenants.
• Prepares move-out reports to ensure the timely return of the security deposit and/or list of reductions to former residents in accordance with State law and organizational policy.
• Analyzes maintenance operations with a view to cost reduction. Reviews all bills from vendors/contractors for payment.
• Assists in budget preparation for the assigned property.
Other duties as assigned by the Operations Director and/or the Executive Director. Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required, along with education/experience in administration, human services, or management.
• Knowledge of residential property management, housing and finance industry preferred.
• Experience working with various Microsoft Office software programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) and various web applications.
• Experience with OneSite or similar online resident software program preferred.
• After the first year of employment, if not previously certified, will be required to participate in Manager of Assisted Housing (or similar, nationally-recognized and accredited) training.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, time management and crisis management skills; organization and prioritizing abilities; attention to detail and accuracy; sound judgment and reasoning ability; excellent written and oral communications skills; and ability to meet deadlines.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This is a smoke-free environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee will be seated for long periods of time.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers