Steam Into History, an attraction in New Freedom, PA, which provides entertaining and historical steam locomotive-powered excursions, is looking for a Visitor Services Manager to oversee ticketing, retail, and facility operations. This is a part-time, seasonal job that includes all weekends (Thursday-Sunday) and holidays. Candidate should have an interest in sharing Northern Central Railway's train and history with visitors.
The responsibilities of this job include:
• Sale of tickets for train rides.
• Meet or exceed in-store, phone, and online customer service.
• Working with vendors in purchasing merchandise for store.
• Pricing, ticketing of all products.
• Monitor inventory, maintaining appropriate stock levels.
• Appealing merchandising and display of products.
• Process bank deposits from ticket and retail sales receipts.
• Maintenance of online retail store.
• Recruiting, training, and supervising paid sales and volunteer staff.
• Approving time sheet hours and commissions for employees.
• Offer suggestions for improving visual and safety conerns.
• Monitor events schedule and order products which support the events' themes.
• Maintain contact with facility support (security, exterminators, etc.)
• Maintain and ensure cleanliness of shop's interior spaces which visitors utilize.
Qualifications and Skills for this position include:
o Minimum five years experience in supervisory retail position desired.
o Computer proficient (MS Office)
o Bachelors, Business degree preferred.
o Daily activity including standing, sitting, lifting (up to 30 pounds)
o Climbing stairs and ladders
o Weekend and holiday attendance.
Compensation: $17.00/hour. Commission for achieving specified goals. This position requires background clearances.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers